Lisa developed her love for mountain biking when she traded in her oar after racing for three years on the National Rowing Team. The community and heart of the mountain bike community drew her in and fed her desire of having fun while going fast. She's been riding and racing bikes for 15 years and has competed and podiumed in numerous cross-country and cyclocross Island and BC Cup events, as well as other multistage events (road, triathlon, BC Bike Race). Naturally goal driven, she values racing for its process, as well as the discipline and relationships it fosters, all while having fun. She is excited to share this enthusiasm as a mentor.
She continues to ride, forging relationships with women on and off the bike. Lisa has created and lead women's weekly riding groups for road and mountain bikes as well as guided around her hometown trails of Cumberland, BC. In an effort to share her love of the bike with the next generation of riders, she has invested her time and profits from cyclocross race organizing to furthering mountain biking opportunities for youth in the Comox Valley.
In her day job, she practices as an occupational therapist and moonlights as a professionally-trained seamstress, making wedding dresses and kids' clothes. But more often than not, you'll find her out and about riding her bike, skiing, and surfing in Tofino with her family.
Career Highlights include:
- 3rd Team of Two Pro Women - 2009 BC Bike Race
- 2nd Team of Two Pro Women - 2008 BC Bike Race
- 6th Pro Woman - 2006 National Cyclocross Championships
- 2006 Cross on the Rock Cyclocross Races - Series Winner
- 2006/2008 multiple podium finishes – Cross on the Rock Cyclocross Race Series
- 1st Pro Woman - 2004 Xterra Canmore
- 2004 – multiple podium finishes - Expert Women - Island Cup Mountain Bike Series
- 2004 – multiple podium finishes - Expert Women - BC Cup Mountain Bike Series
- 1st Team of Two Women - 2016 KCIBR (Kluane Chilkat International Bike Race, Haines Junction, YT to Haines, AK) 240km road bike race