My name is Serena and I am a former XC pro athlete from Italy.
My passion for cycling started at the age of 11 when my brother lent me his old bike and took me for some very fun rides on local trails. That was the beginning of a long and amazing journey into cycling that took me from local races to World Cups start lines.
These are the things I’ve loved most about this sport: being out in the nature, learning to understand your limits and working hard to go beyond them, celebrating a good result with the team and friends, travelling the world and seeing so many different people and cultures brought together thanks to a common passion for cycling.
On January 2020, after some work experience in the tourism field and a Master in Travel Design in Italy, I decided to move to Canada. Since moving to Vancouver, I am super excited to see so many young female athletes riding on the local trails. I cannot wait to share my experiences and help inspire the next generation of riders!
I raced for 6 years with the Italian National Team, taking part in several international races. Here are some results:
2011 (cat. U17)
- 4th place Youth European Championship in Austria (U17 cat.)
2012 (cat. Junior)
-17th place UCI World Championship in Austria (Junior cat.)
2013 (cat. Junior)
- Bronze XCO Italian National Championship
- 13th place UCI World Championship in South Africa
2014 (cat. U23)
- Silver XCO Italian National Championship
- 23th place UCI World Championship in Norway
2015 (cat. U23)
- XCO Italian National Champion
- 4th place UCI European Championship in Italy
- 10th place UCI World Championship in Andorra
2016 (cat. U23)
- silver XCO Italian National Championship
- Team Relay National Champion
- 13th place UCI World Cup in Canada
- 9th place UCI World Cup in Germany
- 6th place UCI World Cup in France
World Cup XC Racer
Former Italian National Champion
Masters Degree in Travel Design
New to Canada!